The "Carbon Neutral Alliance" by CEMEX represents one of Germany's first milestones in the decarbonisation of the cement industry. The project is being implemented in Rüdersdorf, where CEMEX operates one of the largest cement plants in Germany. During this tour, participants learn about CEMEX and the Carbon Neutral Alliance and gain insights into the challenges and potentials of decarbonizing cement production. Technologies including waste heat recovery, carbon capture and transformation into building materials, synthetic fuels, and green hydrocarbons and hydrogen production with renewable energy are being explored as part of the initiative.
Participants will be guided through the cement plant and gain a practical understanding of the technical concepts behind combining cement production with waste heat and carbon sequestration. Furthermore, they will meet representatives of one of the world's largest trading companies in the cement sector and have the opportunity to exchange with experts and engineers.
Featured Companies / Projects / Stops
• CEMEX, Rüdersdorf, Germany
Tour Dates & Times
• Thursday, 30 March 2023, 09:00-14:30 (including travel time)
Please note that the programme is provisional and slight changes may occur.
• Bus transfers will be available from a designated central meeting point to the tour destination/s and back.
• Refreshments and lunch will be provided during the tour.
• Due to safety reasons, some sites can only be visited with flat and sturdy shoes. Weather appropriate clothing is recommended as not all locations are indoors or undercover.
• Filming and photography are not allowed unless otherwise indicated at the site.
• Registration is required. As participation is limited, be sure to register as soon as possible.
Register and receive automatic updates HERE.